Many women get more and more interested in the sea salt spray, as it is one of the coolest hair styling products out there. Its raising popularity almost matches the dry shampoo’s one, so it’s no wonder everybody wants to get their hands on the best sea salt spray, women and men alike. And since we are interested in all easy cute hairstyles, of course we are huge fans of sea salt spray! But before getting into the juicy details, we have to clear some things up first.
What Is the Sea Salt Spray?
This is a hairstyling product used to give your hair that awesome California beachy wavy “just got out of the ocean water” hair. The hair we get after spending a day surfing or sunbathing at the beach. You know, that textured, wet, curly hair speaking about great waves, long summer lazy days and casual, youthful looks. The best part about the sea salt sprays is that they can offer you this amazing look in matter of seconds.
You can easily imagine why this type of product became the hype of the hairstyling industry. Some products are also more famous than others, as they proved to be of very good quality:
- Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray
- Bumble and Bumble Sea Salt Spray
- John Masters Organics Sea Mist Sea Salt Spray with Lavender
- Moroccan Sea Salt Spray
- Davines Sea Salt Spray
- John Frieda Sea Salt Spray
- Toni and Guy Sea Salt Spray
- Aquage Sea Salt Texturizing Spray
These are some of the most popular choices when it comes to this type of product. Where you can buy them from? They are available in drugstores and specialized shops as well.
What Are the Benefits of the Sea Salt Spray?
First thing you should know is that it works on all types of hair: curly, straight, thin or thick, wet or dry, long or short. Among its main advantages, we can think about these hugely important ones:
- It enhances natural curls, turning your hair into a lush ‘do;
- It adds a wavy, chic look to straight strands as well, pumping up the volume;
- It brings a lived-in look to tresses;
- It adds a touch of freshness to your hair, even if you haven’t washed it in the past 2-3 days.
How to Use Sea Salt Spray for Incredible Results
Remember that no sea salt hair spray cleans up your hair, just like dry shampoo. Also, you need to choose whether you shampoo your hair first and then use sea a salt spray for hair, or leave your hair as it is to make the best out of your natural hair oils.
If You Shampoo…
- Try using a moisturizing shampoo, together with a conditioner. Keep in mind these sprays tend to dry the hair, so a bit of moisture care is mandatory.
- You shouldn’t use clarifying shampoo right before you style your hair with a sea salt spray. As we said, you hair needs some if its natural oils and volume.
- If you want to take things up a notch, use a curl enhancing shampoo before the spray, to get that voluminous lush look you always wanted. This is recommended mostly to women with straight hair.
If You Don’t Shampoo…
- Comb your hair well to allow the spray reach all your strands
- Shake your sea salt spray bottle really good
- Apply the spray on all hair sections. In case you want to leave the roots alone, use dry shampoo instead. For even more volume and curls, spray the hair ends and the roots as well.
If Your Hair is Wet…
- Enjoy the vast number of styles you can achieve by using sea salt spray, as its results are best when used on damp hair
- Remember to dry your hair with a microfiber cloth and not a towel
- Apply the spray from the mid-shaft to the ends
- Crunch and scrunch for extra volume
- Air-dry lightly
If Your Hair is Dry…
- Use a moisturizing spray or serum before
- Use the sea salt spray after, insisting on the hair length
- Don’t overdo, not to weigh down the fine strands or overwhelm the hair
Activate the sea salt to help it do its magic: shake your head, twist, crunch, press and curl your hair and squeeze your strands and locks for a wild, beach-looking and gorgeous hairdo to enhance your natural beauty.
Quick Tip Before We Move On…
If you don’t want to waste time styling your hair this way in the morning, do it a night before. Before going to bed, spray your hair, twist and crunch and then use scrunchies to keep it tight. If you don’t have them, simply braid your hair in one or more loose tails (to be comfortable to sleeping). Wake up next morning, let the hair go, shake your head, comb a little and you can go rock any office meeting or party!
How to Make Sea Salt Spray
One issue about sea salt sprays some of our readers pointed out is their not-always affordable prices. Others are into a more organic approach and want to use homemade sea salt spray instead of a label product. So let’s see a quick cheap DIY sea salt spray recipe with equally good results in making you feel like you just descended from a catwalk.
List of Ingredients
- Empty spray bottle
- 1 cup hot water
- Sea salt: 1-2 tsp
- Coconut oil or argan oil: 1 tsp
- Leave-in conditioner: ½ tsp
- Water-based gel: ½ tsp
- Fill the spray bottle with the hot water
- Add the previously measured out ingredients together
- Shake up the mixture for about two minutes
- Spray on your hair and enjoy your new, great look!
Quick Tip Before We Move On…
While drugstore sea salt sprays don’t actually smell like the ocean, they smell really good. If you want to add fragrance to your own homemade sea salt spray, mix ingredients to also achieve a discrete, yet seductive perfume as well. Find a leave-in conditioner, a pomade or a water-based gel whose smell compliment the natural fragrance of the coconut and argan oil.
This was it! If you want a 5-minute incredible hairstyle, try using sea salt spray. Whether you make it at home or buy it, you can achieve an amazing wavy, wet, curly hairdo in the blink of an eye! You will look gorgeous and feel fabulous all day long!